There are magnitudes of ways to relax and get rid of stress, but sometimes the most effective is a massage. There are a lot of questions surrounding massages, though. One common question is whether or not there is a certain age restriction to getting a massage.
Fortunately, there are no age limits to getting a massage. At all ages massages are very therapeutic and offer different benefits. It is advised, however, that if you are under the age of 18 then you should consult a doctor and talk to a massage therapist to ensure that you don't need a parent's signature. And even if you don't need their signature, it's always a good idea to have a parent there for your first appointment.
It is said that every child should be massaged daily, especially for these reasons:
* Massaging before bedtime will get children relaxed faster, which will make them go to sleep faster.
* Although stress is only thought of as an adult problem, it invades children's lives too. Children become stressed in new situations, like a new school with a new environment and new students. A massage can help them relieve stress, just as it can for adults.
* Touch is the first sense that humans acquire and develop, and it is essential to everyone's health. Infants who do not have the adequate amount of communication through touch have even died because of it. To properly massage infants, glide your fingers gently down their entire body. As they get older, the massage can become more sophisticated with a little more added pressure. Different strokes and techniques can begin to be used.
* Massage helps because of the behavioral response. Studies have shown that children who get massages are generally happier and not as moody. If children fall asleep during the massage, they wake up more relaxed and calm.
* Giving your children massages early on in life stimulates the development of the nervous system and the brain. Memory of this positive touch is also registered into the body cells.
* In infants, it decreases the chance of them getting colic. Massages improve circulation, respiration, digestion, and elimination of waste. If these things are improved, the chances of the child getting colic is greatly lessened.
* The stroking of your fingers on your baby prepares the body for sitting, standing, and walking as it promotes strength, motor coordination, and confidence.
* It is shown that families who work massages into their schedule help benefit their child throughout the growing years. These children have shown an increase in test scores and a better sleeping schedule.
With children, you don't have to go to a specialist in massage therapy. Parents can easily give their children a massage with the same effects as if they were to go to a professional. Besides, there are no risks in children getting a massage. If anything, they are very therapeutic for them and will make them fall asleep and relax faster.