Getting a massage isn't just good for you by bringing relaxation. There are other health benefits that you may not be aware of. Here is a list of six other health benefits that getting a massage can provide for you.
1. It counters all of the sitting you do in a day. A lot of people who go in for a massage are stressed. That stress carries in the person's shoulders and the neck most of the time. Getting a massage has proven to counter the imbalance people will have just by sitting. So, our advice to all the people who sit at desks all day for work, is to schedule a massage. You'll feel better and your postural stress will go down.
2. Your muscle pains will go down. By getting a massage, all your aches and pains can go away. It is shown that a massage increases and can improve your circulation throughout your body. Doctors have said that massage therapy is just as effective as some chronic back treatments.
3. It can soothe your depression and anxiety. In a study taken with women who suffer from breast cancer, it was found that getting a massage helped to take away some of their stress, anger, and depression that had come with the diagnosis of their illness. In another instance, we know that being touched by another human can be healing and therapeutic for some.
4. You sleep better. Massages promote relaxation. Relaxation leads to better sleep. So if you have trouble falling asleep at night, you'll be happy to know that getting massages will help you get a more comfortable rest and help you to fall asleep faster.
There is also a huge pro in getting a massage for babies. If you're a new parent and you realize that your newborn isn't falling asleep easily, then you can take your newborn to a registered massage therapist for an infant massage. If you do want to give your baby a massage instead, it comes naturally and isn't hard to do. Massages are safe for babies and are a good option so that you and your baby can get more sleep.
5. It helps prevent you from getting sick. Recent studies have shown that massages help boost your white blood cell count. It's important to have healthy white blood cells in your body as it prevents you from contracting any diseases. If you have HIV, it would be a good idea to look into getting a massage as it can help your immune system function properly.
6. A massage helps to get rid of headaches and can decrease the number of times you get a headache. It also helps relieve headaches so when you do get them, they aren't as severe. Even if you only go to get a massage once, you may see immediate results; patients with chronic tension headaches have reported that the severity has gone down since going to get a massage.
Relaxation isn't the only thing that a massage will provide for you. They also help you with improving your health and providing you with more restful sleep.